All roads to Selkirk Snowcat pass through Nelson, BC – a beautiful city of 10,000 people that frequently appears in the travel sections of top magazines and newspapers around the world. It is also, for our guests, the best opportunity to “land” for amenities like decent hotels and restaurants, nightlife and getting supplied.
Below we have some web site links to start your visit: accommodations, links to ground transportation, shopping, etc. Also, driving directions from Nelson to our office in Meadow Creek, BC., a 90 minute drive (regardless of what Google says..).
Recommended Accommodations in Nelson:
The Hume Hotel
(Be sure and let them know you are a guest of ours and they would be pleased to offer you a discounted rate!)
The Prestige Lakeside Resort
The Adventure Hotel
Great Places to eat in Nelson:
Things to do in Nelson:
Local powder mecca, Whitewater Ski Resort is located just outside Nelson and is a great place to warm-up those legs before coming to Selkirk. The food is yummy too! You can check them out by clicking here.
Nelson is known for its eclectic array of locally owned shops and vibrant street scene. Visit the many outdoor stores, coffee houses and specialty shops.
Highway Web Cams on this route: (click the highlighted location name to visit)
From Nelson To Meadow Creek:
* Drive north of Nelson (across big orange bridge) on Highway 3A towards Kaslo.
* Keep going north through Kaslo on Highway 31. A left in Kaslo and a right to take Hwy 31. You’ll see signs for Meadow Creek.
* Expect 35-40 minutes to drive from Kaslo to Meadow Creek.
In Meadow Creek:
As you enter Meadow Creek, there’s a blue directional tourist sign with our name on it, turn soon after passing that sign.
* Our office is the first entrance/driveway on the left, you will see our sign. The address: #105 Meadow Creek Road.
* Plenty of safe parking on site.
* Welcome to Selkirk Snowcat Skiing!